Booking Schedule Manager
language: VB6 date: 2005 time frame: 6-8 weeks Features: -Access database to store the data -Client management and search is possible -Printing the view in black and white -Connects to Word to print bills I am still proud of this first big project. It has its quirks, because of some things I didn't know back then. But I put a lot of effort in it, to make it really responsive. Resizing takes some time to redraw, but only once, and not every iteration. Pulling a lasso is really efficient, because the image is buffered.
Mikrotiter Plate Workflow
language: Excel VBA date: 11/2010 time frame: 1-2 weeks features: Given a matrix of materials to put into a mikrotiter plate, this macro creates the printable mikrotiter view and the workflow to achieve this.
Peptoid Mass Search
language: Excel VBA date: 12/2012 time frame: 1-2 weeks features: The list to the left contains the given amines (chemical stuff) and their masses. The matrix contains combinations of given amines, by taking one of each column. Given the peaks of a mass histogram, one can identify the material (e.g. BAAAAA-Linker) by entering them into the search field. The search then calculates the submasses of every material combination and finds the best fit.
With Chromaprint blobs of different shapes and sizes can be generated to demonstrate how a result is expected or to recreate a real outcome. Current view is printable. Written in Java.
2009 Implementation of the board game shark in C# and with network ability. Developed to practice C# for the XNA game development lab. I created all the graphics by myself. The rules tend to get pretty complicated for corner cases. tbh I never fully debugged the network code. The small white numbers near the skyscrapers (those who know will recognize that) are for debugging. I needed to know, how big each side by side connected block of houses is, but didn't want to search the whole field. So I used this method: A new house without neighbors gets a new ID whose block size is 1. A new house with a neighbor in the same color gets the neighbor ID and increases this ID's block size by one. I thought that was pretty elegant.